The Dennis Malone Aquatic Center is located at 325 Mix Street in Bristol, CT within the Giamatti Little League complex and directly next to Edgewood School. Our indoor aquatic facility operates year-round providing numerous swimming activities that the whole family can enjoy. Memberships are required for all swim lessons and for our Splash swim team, but not to take classes or use the pool during our scheduled swim times. The annual membership period runs from September 1st until August 31st each year. Memberships for the Dennis Malone Aquatic Center are available for purchase at the pool weekdays from 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m., and on the weekends from 1:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. Seasonal memberships are also available (they are not able to be pro-rated). The membership fee does not include swim lessons or any other specialized swim program that has a fee. Open swim is open to anyone with a membership card or has paid a daily admission fee. Adult swim is for adult members (18+). Senior swim is for senior members (60+) only. Lap Swim is for any member wishing to swim laps.
We are home to the following High School Swim Teams: Bristol Eastern, Bristol Central, St. Paul, and Lewis Mills. We are also home to our very own recreational swim team: Bristol Splash. Regarding our aquatic climate: We are a very busy public, community pool. We do our best to cater to all of our patrons needs. Our pool temperature is maintained between 82-84 degrees year-round and our air temperature is 3-4 degrees warmer than our pool temperature. Please note that we are not a dedicated competitive swimming facility nor an arthritis-specific facility. We are a comfortable range in between! We have a fully handicapped accessible facility. We encourage you to come check us out.
The Dennis Malone Aquatic Center offers American Red Cross Learn to Swim lessons year-round and is the perfect facility for your child to learn to swim. Our lessons run in sessions and are currently running on Saturdays and Sundays. During the summer season, our lessons transition to our outdoor pool facilities: Page Park and Rockwell Park Pool. The Dennis Malone Aquatic Center is proud to offer private swimming and specialized lessons for those students with special needs. Please inquire at our friendly front desk for more information. We look forward to answering all your questions! 860-584-3837.
Check us out on Facebook! "Bristol Parks & Recreation"
Dennis Malone Aquatic Center is a public swimming facility. All patrons must adhere to the pool rules and the following policies regarding conduct while in the facility:
- Proper Conduct. We strive to uphold a safe, fun, family-oriented environment. As such, we expect proper, respectful conduct on the premises at all times. We do not permit disrespectful conduct toward our members, guests, employees, vendors or property including, including but not limited to vulgar, profane, indecent, offensive, violent, hostile, aggressive, threatening, harassing, stalking, fraudulent, or other inappropriate conduct or communications. Bristol Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to suspend or terminate memberships based on such lack of conduct. Management also reserves the right to eject anyone from the facility at any time for any reason. No refunds will be give on admission fees.
Enforcement of rules is subject to Lifeguard’s discretion. Rules are subject to change without prior written notice. Management reserves the right to eject anyone from the facility at any time for any reason. Refunds will not be provided on admission fees.
- Proper swimming attire must be worn in the pool. Proper attire is subject to lifeguard’s discretion. Bathing Suits only. No athletic shorts or cotton t-shirts. Rash guards are allowed only if properly fitted.
- Non-disposable swimming diapers are required for all children who are not potty trained.
- All patrons need to check into the facility prior to entering the pool. Pool schedule is subject to change. All patrons must be out of the building no later than 15 minutes after closing.
- Children under 11 years of age must be accompanied in the building by a parent or adult at least 18 years of age. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied in the water by an adult at all times. No exceptions.
- Per public health code, all persons must shower before entering the pool. Any person known or suspected of having a communicable disease shall not use the pool. Spitting, urinating, or blowing the nose in the pool is prohibited.
- The pool is not to be used unless there is a lifeguard on duty.
- Please be aware that management reserves the right to close a pool at any time for weather-related concerns, thunder or lightning, fecal incidents, vomit in the pool or any chemistry-related issues, etc.
- Breath-holding games or similar activities are prohibited.
- Use of flotation equipment is limited to supervised classes and adults. Children will not be allowed to use flotation belts, face masks, snorkels, fins, water wings, inflatables, beach balls, kickboards, noodles, goggles with nose pieces, life jackets, and other equipment during open swim sessions. Pull buoys, kick boards, and class equipment may be used for lap swimming with permission of the lifeguard on duty.
- Any activity that may endanger patron safety or the facility including running, “horseplay”, hanging on the lane lines, or improper use of equipment, is not allowed. Threatening, harassing, or bullying behavior will not be tolerated on premise and are grounds for immediate dismissal from the facility.
- Food and/or glass containers are not allowed in the pool or locker room areas. Plastic beverage bottles may be used on the pool deck. Patrons must clean up all trash they bring into the facility.
- Diving is prohibited in water less than 4 feet deep. Only shallow water dives are permitted into water less than 8 feet deep. While using the diving board: only front dives are allowed. No back dives, inwards, flips, or trick jumps/dives are permitted.
- Use of starting blocks is only allowed with lifeguard’s permission.
- Tobacco, narcotics, vapor, and alcohol products of any kind are not allowed in the facility or on facility grounds.
- Bandages, bobby pins, or chewing gum are not to be used in the pool.
- Visiting with or distracting lifeguards on duty is prohibited.
- Young children and handicapped adults must be accompanied by someone able to assist them in dressing/undressing, showering, and entering/exiting the pool. For safety reasons, staff are prohibited from leaving their posts to assist with these functions.
- Children under the age of six are permitted to use either locker room with adult supervision. Children six and older must use their gender-appropriate locker rooms. Private locker room space is available, please ask a staff member for assistance.
- BPRD reserves the right to schedule swim lessons, swim meets, team practices, special events, and to limit swimmer and spectator capacity for health and safety reasons as needed.
- Private swim lessons or group classes are not allowed at any time unless it is a BPRD sanctioned program. Furthermore, outside entities/groups wishing to use the facility as a group must adhere to additional policies and/or fees. More information can be obtained from the Aquatic Supervisor.
- Use of any media devices, including but not limited to: cameras, video recorders, and cell phones are strictly prohibited in all restrooms and locker rooms. Furthermore, regarding electronic devices: safety first, please keep a constant eye on your child and do not become distracted from supervising your child.
- BPRD is not responsible for lost or stolen items. If locks are used, they must be removed by the end of each business day or they will be cut off.
- All injuries occurring on premise must be immediately reported to a staff member or lifeguard on duty.
- Spectators must remain in the bleacher area. For health and sanitation reasons, street shoes may not be worn on the pool deck.
**Pertaining ONLY to Page Park Pool & Rockwell Park Pool**
**Daily Pool Rates Effective : 2016**
Ages: 0-17 $1.00
Ages: 18+ $2.00
Ages: 65+ $1.50
**Residents MUST show 2 acceptable forms of ID to obtain resident rates. Acceptable forms of ID are a valid CT Driver's License and 1 piece of mail dated within 30 that MUST match the address on DL**No exceptions will be made so please plan accordingly.
Ages: 0-17 $8.00
Ages: 18+ $12.00
Ages: 60+ $10.00